In August 2021, hurricane Ida brutalized southeastern Louisiana knocking out power for more than 1 million people, including the entire city of New Orleans. Fierce winds caused extensive damage while heavy rains and storm surges brought severe flooding, which remains an ongoing threat for the region. Our team will assist with mud-outs, roof tarping, debris cleanup, and chainsaw work in this hard-hit area. Join us as we partner with Samaritan’s Purse and minister to these families in Louisiana. Sign up now to help us bring relief and the hope of Jesus to this community!
• Cost: Each team member is responsible for meals while traveling to/from the location and for providing a negative COVID test. *Lodging and all meals at the site are provided free of charge.
• Site Location: The team will stay at Saints Community Church, 2001 Transcontinental Drive, Metairie, LA 70001.
• Team Members: Men, Women, and Youth 14 years and above who are accompanied by their parent/legal guardian.
• Experience: No experience necessary, orientation/training will be provided.
• Travel: West Ridge Church will provide a rental van for team members to travel to Metairie, LA.
• Items to bring: Need to bring a twin-sized cot or air mattress (no larger). Tools will be provided but team members are welcome to bring their own tool belts and small hand tools. Team members should dress in long pants and bring work gloves, safety glasses, and sturdy boots.
– COVID-19 Test: At your own expense, each team member must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (administered by a provider). Both PCR and Rapid tests are acceptable. Test results within 72 hours are ideal and the test cannot be older than 5 days (120 hours) at check-in. A negative test result must be presented to staff upon check-in at the site and will be required regardless of vaccination status.
– Background Check: Each team member must create a Samaritan’s Purse account and complete a free background check through their organization.
• COVID-19 Considerations: All staff and volunteers will strictly adhere to COVID-19 federal and local guidelines to ensure their safety and the safety of homeowners and residents.